Featured Post

Wednesday, April 17, 2019

Loquats

If you don't live in the south, you might not know that word.
Then again, you might have lived here your entire life- like I have - and still not know that word.
I ate my first loquat two weeks ago.
I had my first loquat cake the same day.
I had my first loquat jam the next day, when I made my first loquat jam. I will be making more loquat jam, I assure you.
Loquats, also known as Japanese plums, are free food, y'all. These yummy orange plums grow on the easements of the roads throughout the city of Houston. They grow in yards, and people ignore them, which I think is a sinful waste, let me tell ya. We need to be thanking God for the stuff He hands to us without us working too hard.





I used a recipe I found off the internet. I was surprised at how many popped up when I searched.
I used Pectin, but I won't next time. Loquats have plenty of pectin in the them.  Do yourself a favor; if you make loquat jam, add cardamom. Trust me.




No comments:

Post a Comment